28 Oct Information & Communications Technology Opportunities
The opportunities in East Africa for ICT are enormous.
The requirements are in the areas of:
– Consumer Demand
– Private Sector Development
– Public Sector Demand
– Government support
Here are some of the facts:
- Estimated industry of $3 billion annually and growing.
- Internet subscriptions have grown 300% in last five years.
- Internet penetration is BELOW 10%.
- There are many Government incentive programs to grow ICT.
Exactly what is needed:
Computer systems & peripherals
Home networking systems
Switches & routers
Wireless access equipment
Voice over IP telephony
Dish Network Systems
Fiber Optic Equipment
Data Transmission Equipment
Mobile Banking services
Electronic Government Services
If you are in the ICT sector you need to consider Africa if you haven’t yet.
Keep in mind the above is just for the East Africa region. More opportunities are available in other regions of Africa.
Contact me to schedule a telephone call to discuss your business and how you can take advantage of the opportunities in Africa.