07 Nov Health Industry Opportunities
As East Africa grows so does the need for healthcare. And, the healthcare industry in Africa is totally dependent on imports for equipment and supplies.
- East Africa imports $500 million in medical equipment annually.
- Pharmaceutical imports are over $1 billion
The healthcare overview for East Africa:
- Hospitals are modernizing.
- There is a rising demand for better healthcare.
- Governments are increasing budgets and allocations to public healthcare.
- There is huge market for used and refurbished medical equipment.
- USA medical equipment is very highly regarded.
- Distribution networks are in place for medical equipment.
What is needed:
Dental & Optometry – Chairs, burnout ovens, mobile x-ray units, tray delivery systems, instrument sets.
Sanitation Tools – Needle cases, sterilization equipment, water purifiers.
Lab Equipment – Microbiology, hematology, chemistry, histopathology, immuniology.
Medical Equipment – Ultrasounds, defibrillators, electrocardiographs, obstetrics dopplers, pulse oximeters, ventilators, cardiac echo machines, treadmill stress machines, CT scanners, X-ray equipment, angiography, endoscopy, anesthesia monitors, pressure monitors, dialysis machines, CCU & Hygiene beds, patient monitors.
Healthcare in Africa is going to be huge. Many private hospitals need to be built as well and Governments in Africa are looking for joint ventures with USA medical centers.
Contact Why Africa Now! for a FREE consultation call to check out the opportunities that may be available for your company.